Man is not free unless government is limited.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What is the Spiral of Silence?

This is my first blog post and I figured the best way to start was to explain my purpose and what the Spiral of Silence is.

While sports are one of my biggest passions I also find time to research and ponder other aspects of science, politics, Christian Faith and media theory

As a graduate in Broadcast and Electronic Media I find myself interested in the media theory, current affairs and the scope of politics. The Spiral of Silence is a political and communication theory. This theory states that individuals are less likely to outwardly convey an opinion or belief if they feel that opinion isn't held by the majority. I feel that the media can present an issue as something held by the majority in efforts to silence critics or spin issues to support one side.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment